Instructions & Recommended Settings
How to View ARIEL Route Maps in Google Earth
• In Google Earth select File—› Open
• Go to the directory where you saved the map file and open it (example:
• In the left-hand column of the Google Earth main screen:
» Check Temporary Places and all subdirectories
» Uncheck any other locations that may be checked
• Select My Places (it will highlight in blue)
• Click the file-folder icon by the slider (it reads play tour when you hover over it)
• Your journey begins!
• A transport bar pops up when your cursor is in the main screen.
» Use the transport bar to stop, pause, rewind, and advance
Recommended Google Earth Settings
To get the most enjoyment from your ARIEL map, we highly recommend the following Google Earth settings:
• In "Layers" (left-hand column), uncheck Geographic Web
• Select Tools—› Options—› Touring
» Time Between Features: 10.00 seconds
» Wait at Features: 3.00 seconds (or your own preference)
» Check Fly along lines
» Check Show balloon when waiting at features
» Camera Tilt Angle: 45.0
» Camera Range: 1000.0
» Speed: 150.0
• Pause at any time and check Geographic Web in the left-hand column
• Click on icons for uploaded pix & info of the area you're touring!
If your computer works very slowly or Google Earth crashes:
» Uncheck 3D Buildings in "Layers" (left-hand column).
Also see the Google Earth User Guide.